Customer Issue: Mr. Barry wanted us to make his door look good again.
Our Solution: One look was enough to see that the panels were too damaged to be successfully repaired, so we suggested panel replacement instead. Once we thoroughly checked the rest of the system we got to work. Not only did we replace the panels with matching replacement parts, but we also hammered the tracks back to their original shape and installed a new set of rollers. The door looked its best and was also safe again!
Customer Issue: Mr. Kerris’ opener was making loud grinding noises, and his garage door opening very slowly.
Our Solution: The source of the noise was clearly inside the opener box, so there was no reason for us to delay opening it for some exploratory surgery. The motor was partially jammed by a deformed chain, and replacing it and oiling the gears restored proper functionality.
Customer Issue: The customer tried to replace one of his door rollers himself by prying the track open and folding it shut again. Since then, the deformed area has gotten weaker and weaker until the track broke.
Our Solution: Our team unplugged the opener and pulled the manual release on the door so they could raise it off the tracks. Then, they unscrewed the broken track and replaced it with a new section of the same dimensions before popping the rollers back in.
Customer Issue: Wanted a new opener.
Our Solution: We made several suggestions, and the customer decided to go with the Genie belt drive garage door opener model 3120 from the ReliaG® Pro Series, which came with integrated Wi-Fi connectivity. We secured the unit to the ceiling and made sure it was properly attached to the door and had no trouble opening and closing it.
Customer Issue: Misaligned sensors.
Our Solution: From hearing the customer describe the problem over the phone, it seemed fairly obvious what the issue was, and the photo eyes were, in fact, misaligned as we had suspected. After we repositioned them the door was able to close normally again.
Customer Issue: Broken extension springs.
Our Solution: We first detached the safety cables and the leftover parts of the springs from the door, and proceeded to install new ones in their place. After finishing, we operated the system several times to ensure that there were no other issues present.